Thursday, August 21, 2014

The ole wringer washing machine

Isn't this a funny thing to find in an elementary building? Maybe not, since I was out in the middle of Amish country. Or, at least on the cusp. Holmes county in Ohio is more Amish, but my districts border the edges. There are a lot of Amish children in the schools.

So, to find an old wringer washing machine in a little elementary is no surprise. This elementary is just now getting fiber Internet connection and dis-connecting their T1 line.

In an area of the county where you watch for Amish buggies as you drive and pass several houses that have no electrical poles leading into their homes, and the wash hangs on the line outside - this is not such a rarity.

4 comments:

Kat said...

My grandma had one in her basement. I still remember her using it. She always shooed us away from it because she was scared our hair (or fingers!) would get stuck in it. Yikes! ;)

Tabor said...

Still, not sure why it would be in an elementary school?

messymimi said...

Makes me glad for the blessing of a modern washer!

kenju said...

My mom used one on our back porch every week and I was allowed to send the clothes through the wringer and turn the crank. I thought it was a treat.....LOL Little did I know it was work.

Thanks for the tip on the office suite. Last night, I downloaded Open Office and google docs - so I'm good, but I'll keep yours in mind.