Saturday, June 01, 2013

Log home

My Mom was born in this log cabin 93 years ago today. Her Mother was unwed, which was very unusual at the time and my Mom was mostly raised by her maternal grandparents. This photo has been enhanced a good bit.

6 comments:

Tabor said...

Is that log home still standing somewhere?

Arkansas Patti said...

That looks like a pretty good sized home and looks two story. Wonderful that you still have the picture.

kden said...

But it's enhanced beautifully and does the home justice. I know of two other people with birthdays today. And mine is in 11 days :~{

Cheyenne said...

Very quaint. Those were the good old days, huh? My sister-in-law was raised in a small place like that but I never saw it, only heard about it.

Anonymous said...

A great memento. What state is the cabin located, Ohio?

Peruby said...

The old home was in Gem WV. It is no longer standing - not certain what year it went down.

I believe there is a doulbe-wide on the property, now.