Friday, June 07, 2013

Busted

Ack! This photo I found looks so much like the broken door handle after I pulled/pushed it off the door. The lock mechanism held fast. They were able to open from the outside by inserting a screw driver/knife into the mechanism and turning it.

The day after I was locked in, another lady got locked in. She was from China (our area teaches Mandarin-Chinese) and was attending a workshop at our location. The door was standing wide open so she did not see the sign.

Now, why somebody would use a stall with no door handle/knob is beyond me (but look what I did, I can't talk) but somebody else said "Well, maybe in China this is normal."  Yep. Could be.

Why don't we just get it fixed? LOL! Exactly. The excuse I heard was we cannot purchase anything until after July 1st because they are closing out the books. That is righteous! And we do not have anybody that can fix it. We are an office of about 30 women and 5 men. I know of two guys in the office that could do it. (Heck, the one guy is the one that got me out). They have done plenty of building walls, hanging doors around this office building so I don't know what the heck is going on and why they were not tapped to fix it.

One of the women - her husband built the stalls so I don't know why they don't tap him, but I guess the real issue is the Treasurer. She won't spend the money. It is all political bullsh!t or it is a power struggle or maybe there is a very good reason why.

I am not privy to that type of information, the only thing I know is that it made wonderful conversation fodder for the better part of the week around the office. So much laughter, I love it!

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I cannot imagine there is not enough money in the budget to fix something so simple. We are becoming more like China every day.

Cheyenne said...

Why doesn't someone just take the darn door off all together?

BTW, as I was reading the post about you getting locked in the stall, I could not contain myself from all the laughter. That has never happened to me...yet. But climbing over the top to get to the other stall? Priceless.