Photo courtesy of sister 1956.
May-December romance. She was born in 1940, he - in 1957. He was (is still) good friends with her oldest son. He sang karaoke this night and had sister 1956 give her flowers while he sang. His song? "You Were Wonderful Tonight." They have been together (at least) since 1977. Possibly longer because for obvious reasons they kept it on the down low at the beginning. My Mom was not happy (at first) but as time went by she adjusted.
The two married in 1982, then divorced in 1983. He has never loved anyone but her - they almost had a child together but it was not to be. They re-united in 1984 (not certain they ever really made a clean break) and have been together since.

2 comments:
Some are very lucky to find their true soul mate.
I guess that's one way to do it. I'm glad it worked out. We've been married 57 years. There were a couple of times we would have split the blankets but we probably couldn't afford to. I'm glad we stuck it out through the bad times, and that was a long time ago.
Post a Comment