This photo was taken about 18 hours ago. This is my basement bar. The picture is bad - it was taken by my phone and I had been hauling stuff out from underneath the bar while walking on a sewer saturated carpet. I wanted to get all the old computers and printers out from under there. I guess that is where I had stashed them or somebody did. I have had various people staying in my basement over the years.
It comes out today. I want to cry. But in reality - we didn't use it. Not as a bar. The carpet looks red but it has more of a magenta shade to it. I never did really care for it but it was nice when we first bought the house. Years of kids and pets took care of that. I do not mind seeing it go. The carpet that is - I will miss the bar.
Let the process begin.

5 comments:
New looks. I think it will be fun.
And it gets you out of work, right?
My parent's basement have a beautiful bar which is never used, and my mom has been trying to get rid of it for the longest time :-)
On a bright side, you will have a lot more space in the basement now :-)
kden - Ugh. I have to work harder than my day job. I am packing things into boxes and totes and moving furniture things (lamps, decorations, wall signs). I am moving computer parts and pieces. My back and arms and legs are killing me!
Tabor and Raajii -
Yes. Let the adventure begin. Basics first. Cleanup and repair. I have another area of my house that had moisture issues and I may have this company clean that up also before I start anything cosmetic.
Post a Comment