Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bleary eyed

I was a binge drinker. My alcohol favorite was beer. I remember well drinking lots of beer and I remember being very bleary eyed very often. I do not do this any longer. I am not certain if it is my medication that has stopped the "yearning", the age, or what. I am not questioning it too much, I am just glad of it.

Family met up at a Japanese steak house Saturday night. 18 of us for three February birthdays. It was sensational. I drank two very weak Long Island Iced teas. We had to "tail-gate" the birthday cake. Dealing with drunks after the dinner was not so pleasant. I was awoken about every hour with something. I got very little sleep. I headed out to Columbus for three days for a work convention after this ordeal. I needed the break away from home.

After coming home this morning, I was browsing some documentaries to download and watch and I came across "How Beer Saved the World."  I don't know. I may have to watch this one. It certainly spiced up my dull life. Without beer I was in total social isolation. Fact.

No comments: