Friday, October 12, 2012

Towards the dock

This is the opposite view from the Lighthouse photo from yesterday. The sun was setting quickly and I did not have much time left.

Here is what I have been dealing with this week. Tweaked a paragraph from a Micr0$0ft training course (some poetic license has been used on my part):

The name of the GPT folder is the GUID of the
GPO that you created. It is identical to the GUID
that AD uses to identify the GPO in the GPC. The
path to the GPT on a DC is a PITA.

Seriously? The verbiage is not too far off. This is how they write the course.

On a funny note, I heard this in the move "Think Like a Man". Three rings in a relationship. Engagement ring, wedding ring and suffeRING. LOL!

4 comments:

Tabor said...

I have trouble with abbreviations and always have. No military background and that is probably why!

Anonymous said...

I understood the joke but otherwise I don't speak Romanian so couldn't decipher.

Peruby said...

Tabor - The acronyms can be a nightmare. Especially when there are two meanings or more for each one.

Bill - Miss your posts. Hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Peruby. Click on my name here at this comment and you have brought me back on the air, posting a gogo.