You know how you get an e-mail or a message or something and it makes you so angry you see red. I posted about that last week. Right?
Well, today I was cleaning out e-mail and came across the e-mail again. Now, I don't re-read this type of e-mail because I am SO upset the first time, I do not add fuel to the fire by reading and re-reading the message.
I guess I had not seen it all. Down at the bottom were more points that the tech guy at the school had made and now I am back to angry.
I worked with him on Wednesday and Thursday (not know that he had said these things). That may have been a good thing.
To backtrack a little, I talked to my manager. He was all like "Do not let this upset you, we know how this tech is, blah, blah". He made me feel a lot better by letting me know he was totally on my side.
I spoke to the superintendent of this school district. After all, I had worked with this guy for over 10 years. He made me feel better by telling me that he had only read the first line of the e-mail from this irate teacher and deleted it. Now, I don't know if that is true or not, but I know he was trying to make me feel better. I would hope that he read the entire message, but I think he was telling me the truth. He said that this teacher is a whiner, etc...
Which brings up the fact that - if this is the way a superintendent treats complaints from his teachers - does he really care about his staff? There is the remote possibility that he told his principal to handle it. That the superintendent does not need to be bothered with this sort of complaint. I don't know.
Sigh. The issues that started this mess have NOT been resolved. I am trying. It is complicated. The problem does not happen every time. I am trying to prove it is NOT my filter. Sometimes it is more than one problem causing the issues. Things like this take time.
Meanwhile, this tech keeps slamming my filter. You may as well bad-mouth my daughter. I take my job very seriously and I have worked very hard to get this filter to bend to what everybody wants it to do.
To give you a little background, the filter is designed to work for one school district. We have it covering 45. To save the schools money we are trying to provide this service but we know how big business is. They would love for each school to purchase their hardware for each district, and here we are purchasing the biggest unit they have and trying to make 45 districts happy.
Maybe it is impossible. But this tech needs to get off my back. Most of the "points" he brings up he has not properly re-searched. He has somebody's ear and he keeps beating this drum. Funny thing is - out of 45 districts nobody else is complaining. They complain but not in the manner that this guy does. 99 % of my techs out there lavish praise on me. This one guy - what? Does he have a vendetta against me? I know, I know. I am not supposed to take it personally. But, really. Working with this guy I am finding out that he has not taken the time to even learn the basics of this filter setup. That gets my goat!

2 comments:
Tell him nicely that he's an idiot.
It sounds like somebody in the school system doesn't want to rock the boat.
So long, lady. Best wishes.
Post a Comment