Actual size pictured above of the one carrot I received with my meal. (NO, not really. I snagged this photo off the Internet). Friends and I ate at Gervasi's Bistro last evening. I did not think to check the menu, but yes - now that I look at the on-line menu the selection I made clearly stated "baby carrots" and NOT baby CARROT (singular). I got one carrot the size of my pinkie finger. It was rather humorous actually.
The filet was a nice cut. Cooked perfectly but rather tasteless. If the rosemary demi was supposed to flavor it - I could have used a little more punch. If they wanted a European atmosphere; (that being very small serving size for exuberant prices) then they have achieved it.
Seriously. This is the ONLY time I have eaten at a high-end restaurant and two hours later I was starving again. I'd rather spend the $34 on a nice meal for my daughter and myself at Red Lobster and had the biscuits and salad included with my meal. This bistro did serve bread. However, it seemed to be soaked in olive oil. It was so moist with the oil it was chewy. I think I would have rather eaten one of the gluten free rolls. At least she got butter with hers.
A positive note. The owner's wife is gluten intolerant (so says Abraham) and he brought gluten free rolls for one of my friends at the table.
I passed on the wine and the dessert. I knew that this would add at least $15 to my bill. I DID get a bite of my friend's cheesecake and it was very good. Most of my friends ordered the pizza, but they did not care for it. One girl threw up (later) after her meal of pasta. It was sad and pathetic.
Atmosphere - A
Service - A+ (say hello to Abraham and ask him "What is the mystery of life") LOL!
Food - C -
Prices (for the food received) - F
I can now say that "Yes, I ate there. And once WAS enough". I doubt I will be returning or recommending it to anybody.
Here is a kicker. Abraham brought us caramels after our meal stating that they were especially imported from Italy. I purchased a box in the gift box for $3 and they are manufactured in Illinois. Nice try, Abraham. Wait. Seriously. I just found a rock hard vanilla bean in one of my caramels. This place is going down! Where do I post my scathing review?! And why in the HELL can I never find my camera battery or the charger?
Okay, cell phone to the rescue.
Update!: Three more of my party became sick over night from the food at Gervasi's. Time to call the manager there.

7 comments:
Made in Italy, OMG that's funny. If a restaurant is good, there's no need to lie. But I guess in their case, there is.
It is depressing to spend so much money on a meal that isn't so great. And the poor girl that threw up must be extra upset, it's like throwing your money down the toilet ;-)
kden - I am going to add an edit to my post. I just found out that three more of my party got sick after eating there.
Hmmm.
Seriously call the manager and also the hospital so that can track food poisoning cases! High prices and bad food. Restaurants are like wine...prices make a difference about 50% of the time!
ruh-roh...sounds like food poisoning or cross-contamination to me. This family has had their share of that. A few years ago my husband landed in the hospital and it took them over a week to determine it was campylobacter (from raw poultry juice). It didn't happen in my house, that is for sure.
I agree, call the manager. I must say I'm fortunate to not have ever gotten food poisoning from a restaurant. But after watching enough of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsay it's a wonderful that we're all not dead.
I hate to spend good money on a sorry meal. Want a good steak go to a steak house with a good reputation. Italians don't do good steaks, do they?
I did call the manager of the restaurant. She seemed very concerned. I never heard back from her or the owner.
Bill - The steak was okay. Italians are known for their pasta and pizza I guess. I am glad I did not eat that because they were the ones who became ill.
Post a Comment