Monday, May 23, 2011

A little bit closer now

The title to this post is kind of a quote in a Little Richard's song "You Make Me Want to Shout!" A close up of an ant on one of my peony buds. I hope to improve with this camera as the week unfolds but I am hearing the thunder rumbling over my house as I type. Sigh. Here comes the rain again. Another line from a song. The Eurythmics.

Every time I go to get a drink of my coffee this morning the cup is empty. What is up with that? Who is drinking this coffee?

5 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I have that same problem with my coffee, too, and I still haven't figured it out. Guess I never will.

kden said...

I don't think you're going to need much more practice on macro's. I love that shot!

Peruby said...

Cheyenne - I think there is a hole in the bottom of my cup. :)

Peruby said...

kden - thank you! I am a bit concerned about the fuzziness when I zoom in and view the photo in the original size. I'll have to deal with it, though. At least until I read the on-line manual. I need to educate myself in ISO settings.

Anonymous said...

You're getting there. You have posted some good shots. I don't have a digital camera but closeups can be tricky on film cameras. Small apertures equals more sharpness; large apertures equal thin depth of field (area of sharpness)and blurred out of focus backgrounds. But you knew that. I said all that to keep from saying directly,"I like your pictures."