This is a photo of one of my poppies peeking out of it's pod. Is pod the correct term? Let's go to Google and find out. No, it's a bud. It appears as if the pod is what is left after the flower petals drop off.
So, why am I lost? The sayings goes something like "lost in the moment" but I have been reading on-line blogs for over an hour. As I was finishing up my blog reading list it occurred to me "What time is it?" "What day is it?" "How long have I been here at the computer?" So, I was indeed "lost in the hour".
Sigh. Back to reality. My cup of cold coffee and housework.
No, wait! I caught another movie. 127 Hours. Okay. I assumed it would have a couple of gross parts to it. It did and I had to cringe as I watched them. I put my fingers over my eyes and only watch the top right corner of the TV screen. Nothing gross or scary EVER happens in the top right corner of a movie! I swear!
I liked the movie more than I thought I would. I did not know what they would fill the movie up with after he got stuck in the canyon. They filled the time up very well. Never a dull moment. I had questions after the movie, like - did he go back and get his arm? Wikipedia answers that question. The movie ended rather abruptly for my taste and I would have liked a bit more information of what happened afterwards. Not certain if I will get the book and read it or not.
Oh yeah - some audience members fainted at the grisly scenes of him cutting his own arm off. Do not eat before or during the movie. I didn't and I did not eat for a long time afterwards. But then again, I did not see much while watching that top right corner of the screen. LOL!

5 comments:
I've still to watch that movie, but it's on my list. Lovely shot showing the peeking poppy.
A tremendously compelling story...but I am afraid I will probably never have the courage to watch. I get those images in my mind and they stay for days! I would never have been a surgeon.
You have been posting some amazing pictures lately. Just wanted to mention that I like them.
You have been posting some amazing pictures lately. Just wanted to mention that I like them.
Otto and Grumpy - thanks for the nice comments!
Tabor - I am with you about being a surgeon part (or NOT being a surgeon). Too much blood for me. I can't even bring myself to try to be an E.M.T.
Post a Comment