I stopped at one of the lakes in my region, but the day was so murky - my best photos turned out to be of the above daisy.Here are five stories. Each one is true (and all happened this week) except for one was a dream. Can you guess which one?
1. I grabbed a load of dirty towels and began the walk downstairs to the basement. I smell gas. Well, I smelled that odor they add to natural gas. Ack! I stopped and went back up the stairs, dumped the towels on a chair and wondered what to do. I checked the carbon monoxide detector. Zero. Nothing. Big sigh. I waited a while and slowly descended the stairs. Nothing. Was it my imagination? I returned upstairs, grabbed the towels. I made it almost to the bottom step and the smell hit me - hard. Oh, no! I returned back up stairs, dropped the towels again and just stewed for about an hour. I did not want to embarrass myself again with the fire department. After a long time, I swallowed hard and back down the steps I went. Nothing. WTF? Oh! I figured it out! It was some odor coming from the towels. Idiot! Stupid animals that cause the smell!
2. I was driving to work and I turned to go up the hill by my house. I had my window down on the drivers side because I am ALWAYS hot. The sun burst over the hill and my windshield filled with instant fog. Between that and the bright sunshine, I could not see a thing! I was blind! There were like 20 cars coming in the other direction and one right on my rear end. I kept stopping. It is not a long hill. I kept sticking my head out my window to try to see where I was. I kept seeing that double yellow line and thinking to myself "I have to get over, I have to get over!"
3. My niece recently split with her husband of 8 years. Her husband was coming to pick some stuff up from the house one day and she called her brothers to be there with her. She has two very protective brothers. They stood talking outside the house. My nephews stayed on the other side of the street for most of the conversation. Some words were said and it got kind of ugly in front of her house. One of my nephew's busted out the window to her husband's vehicle with a ball bat. There was glass all over the road. Fortunately my niece's husband drove away without any more incident.
4. I was outside in the dark with the boxer. For some bizarre reason I did not have his harness and leash on him. We walked around the house. Nothing. I turned to tell him "Let's go back in" when a car zipped up the alley. I thought it might be my daughter, but it was my neighbor returning home. The boxer ran over to greet the car. My neighbor was backing into his yard and fast. I couldn't believe what was happening. I yelled "WAIT! WAIT!" I didn't know if I was yelling at the dog or my neighbor - I guess both. I don't remember hearing the words come out of my mouth. The boxer kept jumping all around the car as he backed in. It was so scary! And dark! I could not see. It was very frustrating.
5. While out walking the dogs one windy night, I saw something strange on the side of a building. The alley is very, very dark and I could see a strange movement. Almost like shadow puppets. This building was at the far end of the alley and I was not certain where the light was coming from. The shadow puppets kept dancing and bowing. What IS that?! I'd never seen anything like it. If there were anything strange and suspect, the dogs would growl or bark, right? RIGHT!?
2 comments:
I think you've had a busy week! I'm guessing #4 as the dream.
I, too, believe it is #4.
Post a Comment