Saturday, April 24, 2010

Post 1705

The lilacs are not the only thing blooming this week. My neighbor must treat his lawn with something because he does not have any of these that I can see. Harrumph!

I missed the marking of post number 1700, so 1705 will have to suffice.

Met some family for dinner tonight here.

Have a bit of a headache even if I only drank H20. I'll take some medicine and retire soon.

I receive a new recipe in the mail about once every two months or so. It comes in a postcard from my real estate agent. What has it been, seven years or more since I have seen this woman? How long will I keep getting these, I wonder? This recipe called for jicama. Never heard of it. I had to look it up. The dish does not sound good to me at all. It is called Grapefruit Vinaigrette salad. I don't believe I have eaten a grapefruit since I lived at home back in the early 80's.

Blah. I think I'll pass.

I have to think "What in the heck does a "grape" have to do with this sour fruit?" I researched and I guess the grapefruit cluster on their branches like a bunch of grapes. Okaaaay.

I have picked up the book "The Blind Side" that the library held for me. I started the first chapter. As in the movie, it starts out explaining some football moves. Not a fan. While there I picked up about seven books on managing people in business. I like to read it to see what people do wrong. Ha ha. Actually, with the first book it is more about realizing how I am under my own version of self deception.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

You are always trying to learn more and I like that.

Peruby said...

Thanks, Tabor. I try to remember that I am part of the problem and I can't change other people so I have to change the way I react to them.