Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pig pots


I saw these pots right outside the pig barn

I thought they were cute. And appropriate. It has been a very busy July for me and my family. I have done a lot of walking (both at work and around the area). A lot of get-togethers. My heel is beyond hurting today. I will take more ibuprofen but have come to accept the fact that I am going to have to consult my doctor. Drat.

I was hoping it would go away but since I won't stay off of it, I cannot expect it to heal. I need somebody to heel the heal. Heh, heh. I am off and walking again today. I said that I would make a flower arrangement for the auction at the reunion and I am off to Pat Catan's to pick up some new material. My daughter has ALWAYS wanted to take puppies into the pet center so we plan to do that today, too. I know. Not good for my foot but I promise to stay off of it tomorrow. No, scratch that. Grass needs mowed.

I called last night to see if I need to show up for jury duty Monday morning. Nope. I have to call again Monday night to see if I show up for Tuesday. What an ordeal. This is going to put a bit of a crimp into my long week-end out of state for the reunion. I'll have to hitch a ride with my brother back to Ohio if I need to show up for jury duty on Monday the 3rd. I got a 2 week stint. Great. My first call to civic duty and it lasts two weeks and surrounds perhaps the second biggest week-end of my summer. Double drat. I'll need to squeeze the doctor in there one day if I can.

I am not one to call her (my doctor) and beg for pain pills. I'd rather ride it out and get to the root of the problem, get it fixed and get on with my life. Especially after witnessing what pain medication can do to a person (co-worker). She went to a doctor in Columbus yesterday to see if she qualifies for disability. I certainly hope so.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Lets hope that they reject you for the jury duty when you show up. You sound as though your plate is full enough.

Cheyenne said...

Those pots are absolutely adorable!

KGMom said...

Uh oh--I am a HUGE pig fan--it's good I didn't see pots like that or I would have bought them--and it is already an over-pigged place here!