One of the photos on the web that helped me decide to see the doctor. The little purple branched 4-fingers is where I have my pain. The fluorescent yellow/green is where I would always feel my plantar fasciitis.Well, the photo, research and I was really tired of the pain pushed me to call. 45 days. It had gone on long enough. At first I believed it to be plantar fasciitis. A few weeks ago I began to suspect that perhaps there was something more to this pain.
I had plantar fasciitis before and this was turning out to last a lot longer and I began to get shooting pains into the heel even while resting. And that burning feeling was just not usual for plantar fasciitis. To me that sounded like nerve damage so I began to investigate on the web.
I made an appointment with my dr. They got me in that day. This was good because my schedule is pretty tight these days, especially with jury duty hanging over your head. When I called for an appointment I was thinking to myself " Jury duty could be tomorrow, won't know until after 5 p.m." How do you tell a dr.'s office I may or may not be able to make your appointment? When you are calling in pain to get in a.s.a.p.? I'm sure they would understand, but I didn't need to worry.
Building a relationship with your doctor and staff is very important. I did not fully realize this before because I didn't need doctors when I was younger. I've been darn lucky.
Anyway, she diagnosed Tarsal tunnel syndrome. I see an orthopedic surgeon next week. Wow. They actually picked one of the only free days I had on my August calendar. LOL! Not really, but it feels that way sometimes. It is pretty full.
I am resting the foot as much as possible. Taking ibuprofen when I feel that I need to and will be applying ice packs as I can. No jury duty until Tuesday (and I may not even have to go then, I call the evening before for further instructions). So, that leaves me free for the reunion! I took today and tomorrow as vacation days and next Monday. Tuesday also, if I don't have jury duty. I see the surgeon on Wednesday. Don't let that word fool you. I won't be having surgery. Not anytime soon. I will try everything before I take that step. Pun intended!
2 comments:
So sorry to hear this, Peruby. You will probably be glad to see fall and hope that it changes all of this mess.
Sounds like you have covered all the "treatments" possible. Hope the pain and problems go away soon - without surgery!
Post a Comment