After observing this feline activity, I flipped my tree skirt over. Somebody, I won't name names Mr. Tibbs, was found chewing on the buttons. I could not have him swallowing any so the skirt was flipped over and will be discarded after this year. My cats are a pain sometimes, but I wish them no harm. Now my daughter on the other hand...I had an 'almost' super time with family last evening. We had 17 show up for a family holiday get together. My evening was dampened by the fact that I gave the bar tender (we believe is the owner of the establishment) a fifty dollar bill for my mixed drink, my nephew's soda pop and my daughter's hot chocolate. The bartender mumbled "Out of twenty" when he took my fifty. I kept calling after him "That was a fifty!" until he finally snapped at me, "I know!" Feeling that I offended him I dropped it.
As soon as he took the money, my great niece came running across the restaurant for me to hold her. I am her favorite for now. I picked her up and was gushing over her when the bartender laid my change on the bar. My family filled up the horse shoe bar so I was not concerned about the money and I was wrapped up with family arriving and when I scooped up my change to go and sit at our reserved table, I notice that he had given me change for a twenty. I called him on it. He shrugged it off and snapped "I put your change right there."
As soon as he took the money, my great niece came running across the restaurant for me to hold her. I am her favorite for now. I picked her up and was gushing over her when the bartender laid my change on the bar. My family filled up the horse shoe bar so I was not concerned about the money and I was wrapped up with family arriving and when I scooped up my change to go and sit at our reserved table, I notice that he had given me change for a twenty. I called him on it. He shrugged it off and snapped "I put your change right there."
To make a long story short I will analyze his conduct about the issue. If he were on the up and up he would have come over and gone over my drink order and explained to me what change he had given me. He would have said something to the effect that if his drawer came up over $30 or so he would call me. He did not. He avoided me like the plague.
This put a little bit of a damper on the meal. I was not going to ruin it for the other 16 people in my family and make a scene or leave. The food was awful. Just awful. I was glad to get out of that establishment and I have an entire year to decide if I am going to grace them with my presence next year. Since I make the arrangements I am going to look elsewhere for our get together next year. We chose this restaurant because of a more central location for all of us to drive to.
It is the season for love and peace and I am forgiving him and moving on.
We had a distant relative pass away and the calling hours are today. It is a 200 mile journey and the eldest children are going to the calling hours. They are the ones who remember them the most. I considered going, but I am just too far behind this holiday season. I was really looking forward to today and hopefully playing catch up. Cleaning and baking.
I have perhaps three more gifts to buy before the big day. I think I can do it.
It is the season for love and peace and I am forgiving him and moving on.
We had a distant relative pass away and the calling hours are today. It is a 200 mile journey and the eldest children are going to the calling hours. They are the ones who remember them the most. I considered going, but I am just too far behind this holiday season. I was really looking forward to today and hopefully playing catch up. Cleaning and baking.
I have perhaps three more gifts to buy before the big day. I think I can do it.
Now that my daughter has her drivers license I can stay home more often instead of taxiing her here and there. I find that I can clean house better when she is not here. I have not had this opportunity much, or maybe I just notice it more with her being independently mobile now. It wasn't like she didn't go anywhere without me before. Heavens no. I just seem to appreciate it more now that she can go when SHE wants to go. We are already arguing over the use of the car. 24 hours after she got her license she was calling me and snapping "I need the car in half an hour!" I have to laugh. Teenagers.
I also told her I want a dollar for each time she says "Get me my own car!" when we spat about using the car. I'll be rich, I tell you. Rich!
I also told her I want a dollar for each time she says "Get me my own car!" when we spat about using the car. I'll be rich, I tell you. Rich!
1 comment:
Sorry about the problem at the restaurant. The bartender should have gotten your attention and pointed to the money to show your change at the very least so that there was no misunderstanding!
Post a Comment