Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blown it all skyhigh


I blew out the sky with this photo. Love the lingo. This was from my drive last month. I enhanced the contrast quite a bit to get more color out of the trees.

Do you get a lot of movies, jokes and cute messages in email that have been forwarded a thousand times before they get to you? I rarely (if ever) forward these on to the standard 10 people, but I do try to read them. But when I am busy (and the computer is running slow for who knows what reason!) I don't take the time to read them. I feel bad if it is a good friend and they say "Did you watch that video?"

Uh, no. I had twelve people waiting for either a phone call back or an email back and I was researching 4 separate problems at one time, so no I did not view their cute video. On a slow day and when the computer opens my media player quickly, I'll take the few seconds to watch or read.

I hate days like that.

And, since I am annoyed, how about co-workers who don't look at you before they start their diarrhea of the mouth story. She never checks to see if I am on the phone before she just starts barking. A lot of times she starts dialing when she realizes I am on the phone (shared line). I sit less than six feet away from her. How did a therapist from 1992 put it? Oh, yeah. People who cannot read their environment very well. That's it. I just call them rude and annoying.

My daughter and I went to the nearby University's open house. I keep checking things off my list. I did make a little progress. I should make her do this stuff, not me. But, she mouths off that she doesn't care if she goes to school or not. She thinks that some company is just going to appear out of the clouds in the sky and hire her. Groan.

When my daughter forgot her purse at home today I did not run home and take it to her. She cannot purchase lunch without her i.d. tag. (She can give someone the money and have them purchase food for her, though.) She tried to make me feel bad. This is the 3rd time this school year I've had to run her something because of her forgetfulness. I didn't cave in today. I didn't do it. I let her go without. She did have money. She did pay somebody to buy a pizza for her. But Mom didn't drop everything and run to her rescue. Tough love.

We have a holiday lunch tomorrow. I plan to make my cheese ball and bring cold apple cider. I also plan to bring a hot pepper jelly and cream cheese dip.

1 comment:

Miki said...

I feel your pain, about the emails and the kids, I have stopped running things to them at school too, unless it is something so important that it really cant stay at home. My daughter never forgets things, the boys (13 and 15) they well wouldn't rmember to bring their necks if their heads werent attached to them! I can ask something and it is forgotten by the next room. But basically they are good kids, I try, and that is all we can do as moms! Good luck with the school search, I am not looking foward to that ne...