
My hydrangea bloomed a lovely lavender color this year. This one is only halfway done. I chose it because Sable decided to provide the deep black background when I shot this frame. She walked behind the plant just as the point and shoot Canon (famous for their delay) decided to finally capture the shot.
No quick action shots with a point and shoot digital. Miss the moment and it is gone.
Strange weather this week-end. Sun, rain, sun, rain, wind, rain, sun again. I hope it gets it all out of it's system by next week-end.
My daughter started her aquarium with a half dozen platies and a loach. She told the pet store to cancel the rope fish if they could. They said it wouldn't be a problem to sell it to somebody else if one came in. It would be too difficult to start out with a rope fish. And, the aquarium at 10 gallons may be too small. She has them named and gets enjoyment out of watching them. So far.
I bought Peru a new cage. She was due for one. Her old one is still good, I'll use it as a backup. This is all the start of our vacation week at home. Clean and straighten up.
2 comments:
I get the rain too, mother nature needs to decide that when the rain is over it should be over. WHat a rainy month it has been! Love the Hydrangea. Did you know you can "force" color on them. Depending upon the acidity of the soil, you can "blue" or "red" them into different colors. I think if you add lime to the soil, you get the blues, but don't know how to get the reds. You can get a really deep blue from that too, my mom used to have blue ones. Good luck with that vacation cleanup. I think we will be doing that in the boys' room at some point this week. Hubby has off, and as they say, two are better than one, and it really applies to this disaster!
Adding lime gets the pink, adding aluminum gets the blues. I am still experimenting. Plenty of folks in town have the blue and I am not at all shy about going up, knocking on their door and co-ercing information out of them. I charm them first of course with flattery of how beautiful their flowers are! LOL!
Post a Comment