Saturday, June 14, 2008

From the album

The way we store photos now, on hard disk and not in an album. I don't know. It makes me think I should print them out and create albums and place them around on the coffee table when company visits. Because nobody jumps on my computer and just browses through my images.

I post some for folks to see but you never know.

I don't have a lot of fashion sense. This can be seen way back in 1972 (I would have been 12) when I actually thought that green socks went with this outfit? And WTH? Was I wearing the shorts backwards?

And this horse? She was my sister's. I never fully trusted that horse. She was the type that could work the bit between her teeth and take off with you. No amount of pulling on the reins could stop her. My horse riding days came to an end when she ran home with me trying unsuccessfully to stop her. She took the turn too fast and I landed under a pine tree. Unhurt but SO embarrassed. The neighbor had to bring the horse over from next door. My attempts to stop her made her go down the wrong side of the fence.

I'd been showing off. There were a few boys riding their bikes and I had to nudge Queenie into a canter to pass them up and she just wanted to go home. Everybody saw me take the dive.

I never really got on a horse again. A couple of trail rides (so my daughter could ride) but that was all. I know the old adage "You have to get back up on the horse" but I didn't care. My love affair with the horse pretty much ended that day.

No comments: