
Snowfall outside my back door
It looks as though my little town got off easy. Compared to the bigger cities of Columbus and Cleveland and Cincinnati. And, I didn't have to drive. If my nephew's surgery had happened as planned, I was supposed to drive home Friday afternoon, pick up my daughter and return to Columbus area on Saturday. It would not have happened. Columbus area was on a level "emergency travel only".
As it was, I did go to my department meeting at my home office (60 miles away) on Friday and got caught driving in a mess on the way home. During the meeting one of my co-workers piped up that all schools were dismissing early in my area. It was a mess up that way. They ended the meeting and instead of our usual lunch together, I headed west. About 20 minutes into my drive the roads were a mess. I was mostly caught in a huge line of traffic where nobody was passing anybody. You couldn't, really. It took me 2 hours to return instead of the hour fifteen I normally take.
As it was, I did go to my department meeting at my home office (60 miles away) on Friday and got caught driving in a mess on the way home. During the meeting one of my co-workers piped up that all schools were dismissing early in my area. It was a mess up that way. They ended the meeting and instead of our usual lunch together, I headed west. About 20 minutes into my drive the roads were a mess. I was mostly caught in a huge line of traffic where nobody was passing anybody. You couldn't, really. It took me 2 hours to return instead of the hour fifteen I normally take.
My poor brother, his wife and her family are stranded in an airport. He called from a motel near the Cleveland airport last night. He said a van was supposed to pick them up and take them to Pittsburgh and they were going to try and get a flight out of there. They have to make it to Florida's Eastern coast by 3 p.m. today to get on that cruise ship. What a wonderful get away that would be. And 10 days later you return and this mess will be gone. Hopefully.
My Sunday paper just hit my doorstep and I think I will get it and read a while before I bundle up and start the shovelling. I pick up my Sable today from my sister's house. She has been stranded there along with my grand nephew. I have a photo of them playing in the snow, I'll have to post it soon.
As for the movies. No Reservations was a bit "ugh" for my taste. Across the Universe was better, I thought. I enjoyed the music and some of the plot was of interest to me. Neither movie was riveting.
My Sunday paper just hit my doorstep and I think I will get it and read a while before I bundle up and start the shovelling. I pick up my Sable today from my sister's house. She has been stranded there along with my grand nephew. I have a photo of them playing in the snow, I'll have to post it soon.
As for the movies. No Reservations was a bit "ugh" for my taste. Across the Universe was better, I thought. I enjoyed the music and some of the plot was of interest to me. Neither movie was riveting.
3 comments:
We have really squeeked by this year with very little in the way of nasty weather. Just one ice storm. I feel blessed. Although I do love that first morning with the white stuff all pure looking.
I miss those kinds of snowfalls. We only get teasers these days. I think the most we have gotten so far is 3". I am soon going to forget what snow is all about.
It seems as if we got a lot more snow in the 60's and 70's. I like a bit of snow, by my back, arms, shoulders and legs are killing me from shovelling. Ugh!
Post a Comment