
Sable seems a bit dubious
Six days. Three of them with a toddler. She seems so depressed. I don't know if she is happy to be home and is giving us the cold shoulder, or if she misses my sister's house. Her back leg is still giving her problems. We have been giving her Glucosamine twice a day. She improved but she is limping in the one leg still.
The tyke above dressed her up in Mr. Potato Head's glasses, sat on her like a hassock, ate her dog food and had to have a peanut butter sandwich when she was given her medicine. We put her glucosamine pills in peanut butter on bread and she swallows it whole. He even took a couple of bites of her bread as he gave it to her. I was told all of this second hand. I didn't get to witness any of it. The eating of the dog food would have done me in. Yuck. Currently we feed her dry Purina One. I can't stand wet dog or cat food. My pets do not get that. Ever.
Hey, wait a minute. I just checked the ingredients of Purina One. It states chicken as the first ingredient. I knew this. But, in parenthesis it says: Chicken (natural source of glucosamine). Well bust my buttons. Maybe she just needs extra.
I am worried about hip dysplasia.
I am worried about hip dysplasia.
1 comment:
We have a lab, who is getting on in years, and every so often, she limps and favors on leg over the other. She refused to take the glucosimine tablets, no matter how they were given, and we just let her be. She does better in warm, dry weather, the winter and the humidity kick her butt. We just let he get comfy and leave her be with love and affection and a lot of petting.
Post a Comment