Thursday, March 06, 2008

Eighteen years!


My sister's pet cat lived to be 18 years old. They are now down to six cats. See? It's a family tradition. I still have five. Two of them are at least six years old. The others are young'uns.

My Sable is still up at her house from the surgery trip. My eldest brother watches her for me. They spoil her rotten. My grand nephew uses her as a pillow and a chair.

We are supposed to drive up and retrieve her on Saturday, but with this storm coming, I don't know. I might have to wait until Sunday. Of course I am hoping for the storm to come overnight tonight because I have a meeting with my home office scheduled for tomorrow and I won't mind missing it one bit.

My middle brother and his wife are headed out on their first cruise Saturday morning at 3 a.m. They have a limo picking them up, so they won't have to drive. They are concerned that their airplane won't be able to take off, though. They are scheduled to leave from Cleveland, but may have to re-route and leave from Columbus. I wouldn't want to be a limo driver and have to drive in the snow and ice. Yikes. They are headed to the Caribbeans.

I didn't get the chance to touch base with my nephew today. I'll check in on him tomorrow. I think he was headed into work today.

Boy howdy. Is everyone else getting sticker shock in the grocery stores these days? Wow. We stocked up just in case we get snowed in over the next few days. (Hope so, hope so, hope so). And we rented movies. Across the Universe, and No Reservations.

Speaking of. While at my nephew's house we watched Apocalypto. What? Did Mel sit around with his sons and they all came up with ways to gross each other out and he put it all in this one movie? Bloody, gory, ghastly, gross! I even closed my eyes when I knew a sickening event was going to happen. My nephew is the Blu-ray disc, home theater surround sound, plasma T.V. larger than life type of guy and what I didn't see when I closed my eyes made the sounds that much more horrifying. I am still reeling from the movie. If you don't care for blood spurting out of some guys head or hearts being torn from the chest - skip this one.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I don't like bloody gory movies but for some reason I didn't mind watching Apocalyto. Can't explain it.
We are supposed to get rain only, maybe a little snow Saturday morning, and change back over to rain. The ground is so soaked now already.
My cats are only 1-1/2 years old.