Friday, November 25, 2005

Sable eyes


Somebody needs to go to the Vet's office for an allergy shot. I came home last night and found welts on her back where she had been digging. It usually happens this time of year when we turn the furnace one. She has very dry skin.

I tried to put a soothing ointment on them, but she thought I was punishing her and rolled over onto her back. She is so sweet. She loves attention.

As I have said before, I don't like to shop. I was up at five this morning to use the restroom and thought about all those crazy shoppers out there. I have heard them referred to as "door busters". I rarely shop on "Black Friday". I will probably venture out to buy dog and cat food.

I am fixing the turkey/ham meal today with all the trimmings for my crew. I told Sable there are going to be some wonderful smells coming from the kitchen today. Sometimes she will stand between the kitchen and dining room and peek around at me. As if testing the waters. 'Is she going to give me a treat, or is she going to point over my head?' Pointing over her head is her signal to go away. I will point to the other room. That way I don't have to say anything. Just point. She goes.

The cats are another story. Our usually shy Jasper has become very needy and friendly the past couple of months. People who know the cat say "Wow, what has got into him?" Who knows? I spent about ten minutes combing his fur this morning. All our cats are short hair. He never lets me do that. I notice that he also has dry skin. I'll ask the Vet what I can do for that today if I get in for Sable's shot. Jasper also likes to get into the shower or bathtub when we are done and sits on the wet surface. What is up with that? Is he hot? He hates baths, I know that. He is a curious one, though.

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

I love to read about animals.
My bunny's name is Jasper.