
My cell phone rang while I was browsing the sheets section of the Elder Beerman store. I was wondering if I could splurge for the 600-thread count. It was my brother. He was at my house. I wasn't home. He wanted to know if I wanted to join them for dinner. 'Sure' I said. I was hungry. "Where?" he asked. I said "Anywhere that doesn't have turkey!" Mmm hmm. Feel the same way?
So, I said Red Lobster. I was craving their Aztec chicken. The waitress asked if we wanted dessert. "Are you kidding? I have two pumpkin pies at home." Well, actually one and a half. And, the cool whip is disappearing quickly. I passed on dessert. I couldn't even finish my chicken.
This was the brother who is the EMT/fireman. He was full of stories of the past week. Car wrecks, heart attacks. Never a dull moment. He was telling me how difficult it was to get this guy out of the mangled car when he was already in so much pain. Moving them causes more pain. I asked him, "If you come to an accident and it is somebody you don't like, do you hurt them more?" I was joking, of course. He laughed and named somebody from another department that told this story one time. They use water to clean the wounds. There are blue lids for regular water and orange lids for water with sodium in it. (Not real sure what this is for). She laughed and told him to use the sodium water to make it hurt more. Of course this was all in jest, they really don't do this. Ouch!
I guess there are others who are thinking along the same lines that I am this season. In my local newspaper there is a section where people can call in anonymously and give their two cents worth for thirty seconds. It is titled "Thirty seconds." One caller's input I read today was complaining about an ex sister-in-law who goes to stand in line for the free toys etc.. when she and her family have more than enough money to purchase toys for their kids. The person calling in had confronted her about it and the lady said "They are just giving them away, so I am going to go and get them." Yep, greed is abundant.
1 comment:
I just saw "Crash" last night while babysitting grandson. You brother's story was so in line with that. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is about racism and one of the scenes involves a racist cop trying to save the life of a black woman in a crash. The sodium water is for dehydrated people, my guess.
Post a Comment