Monday, November 21, 2005

Discontinued?


What! I can't find my color. Well, not a color really. I like Perfectly Clear Moisture Whip by Maybelline. All respects to Registered Trademark, blah, blah, blah.

Will I have to settle for a light pink? Or coral? I hope not. I must keep looking. Please don't discontinue it! I just want a clear moisturizing lip cover. None of that gooey lip gloss we used to wear when we were teens. Moisture whip was perfect without the color. Vaseline, blistex, others are good, but this one made my lips feel great. Pampered, moist. Took the chapping sting away. And it doesn't leave that chapstick feeling on my lips.


Sigh. I have been writing some very personal life experiences. I haven't decided if I am going to post them yet, or not. They may hurt family members feelings. I don't know if my family reads this post. If they do, they haven't mentioned it. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Maybe I should keep them to myself. In my private journal. They hurt to write them, but I guess I am purging something out of me. In a way.


I am on the budget for my gas bill. I got a notice today. It is going up (I expected this). It is close to double what I pay now. Not double, but close. Wow. I have had two friends request that we don't purchase gifts for each other this year. People are feeling the pinch this holiday season. I always contribute to a Christmas club. The check that comes from this helps. I try not to charge things, unless I purchase them on-line and know that I can pay them off within the thirty days or so.

I always take a tag off the tree in my bank's lobby. I get a name of a boy or girl plus their age and I get to purchase a toy for them. Then you take it and place it back under the tree with the tag. You don't wrap them. (Nut cases could wrap anything up and pass it off as a gift). The library has a box for toys and a tree for hats, scarves and gloves. I came across a couple of slightly used coats we don't wear anymore. They go to a coat drive.

My sister is part of the Y.M.C.A. and she is helping to fix meals for the residents this Christmas. I volunteered to help her. The Y in my town does not have residents. We do have a homeless shelter that just opened up this year, but since it is new - it has plenty of volunteers. At this time. All of this helps to take my mind off of the hustle and bustle of the season. And those with illnesses. The holidays are stressful enough, without illness to contend with.

I'm watching the History channel. They are covering what hysteria went on during the radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds" . It is amazing.

3 comments:

Miki said...

as for the lipstick, try going on line to maybelline, they can tell you which stores have the exacxt lipstick you want. If it has been discontinued, whatever they have in the warehouse, can probably be purchased on line, I know I know you said you don't like to do that, but ................. and also you can email the customer service people to try to campaign for it to be put back on the market. They don't know you are dissatisfied until you holler!
You are going to be busy this xmas. Sounds like you are and your family are "pitching in" to help those in need. That is a great thing. When I worked, we always "adopted " a family and either gave money, gifts and a christmas meal to them or we would go out to physically buy the gifts. It was always in house, someone from our building, who was struggling, and we all knew it. Usually a single mom, who was trying desperately to pay the rent and to feed her children, no extras, just the basics. The day she went home with a boxful of food was a good one, for her and her family as well as the rest of us, it made it all worthwhile, to know that someone we knew would have a great holiday.

Peruby said...

Miki - I like the idea of helping someone that you know. I gave all my daughter's hand me downs to friends with little girls. A lot of the clothes had not even been worn, since she usually didn't like what I bought her.

As I grow older, it becomes more important to give in any way I can. Not necessarily older, but more "able". I love the holidays and I feel better about myself and the world when I can do anything to help others.

Tabor said...

Our 'company' also adopts a family and I find that I am giving more often to the Salvation Army Santa helper outside my grocery store.

This is going to be a tough year.

I like the ides of giving something non-monitary. I think I will include one of each of those in my stocking stuffers (free babysitting, cooking, etc.)