Friday, July 17, 2026

Squeaky clean phone


 With the Cyclosporiasis parasite going around and recently reading an article that our cell phones are more contaminated than our toilet seat, I washed my phone.  In the washing machine.  I think it's clean.

No, it wasn't on purpose.  It is spending the night in the rice tank.  I know it probably won't help because you can't take phones apart like you used to.  At least I can't take it apart. But, I had nothing to lose.

It is over 6 years old anyway.  It was time for a new one.  I am just wondering if my sim card will be salvageable enough to transfer my data.  Or, does Google do that, now?  I don't keep pictures on my sim card (well, I had about a dozen of my plant progress - no biggie).  

I don't think I've ever lost a phone before.  I'm thinking....no dropping, no puddles, no toilet drops, nope.  I guess this is my first cell phone catastrophe.  Now external hard drives - that's another story.  I blame my cat Moses.  He was always getting caught in the cable and dragging the poor thing off my desk and they did not recover.  I eliminated that problem by purchasing a docking station that holds 5 hard drives (I have about 10).  I keep all my hard drives from my old computers so I can still get access to the data.  I double and triple copy everything. I am a hoarder.  I hoard many things.  This happens to be data hoarding.

1 comment:

messymimi said...

RIP, phone.

Data hoarding isn't the worst kind if it's just a few external hard drives. I can imagine the cat getting things tangled.