Currently at a Verizon store there is a big poster on their window that reads:
Broken phone? No problem.
I beg to differ. But, of course it isn't the fact that my phone is broken. The problem is the fact that I ordered a phone from Verizon on line and used up my upgrade. I was not eligible for another upgrade until I canceled that order. Sure I could buy another phone but I could not get my phone number attached to it. I could buy a second line....no thanks.
When I ordered the phone online, it said the phone would ship in two days (48 hours). Of course they meant business days (although they did not specify). It did not arrive in 2 days. I went to the Corporate office closest to me and tried to get it canceled. There were unable to - the Verizon service center said it had shipped. I returned two days later and said the phone still had not arrived. This time they were able to cancel it (in 2 more days).
I was ready to close my account. I believe I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years. I was wondering where the nearest Sprint or T-Mobile stores were. Verizon purchased Frontier (my Internet provider) and I get a discount but I don't think it is all that much and I was prepared to forego that when I dropped them.
I refrained from closing my account. I left the store today looking for another provider. I did not see one. I got home and checked my e-mail later that afternoon. Order canceled. Okay. I can go back and get a phone, now. Every damn thing these days has to be so difficult. Nothing is simple any more. We have to make three or four trips to get a job done or three or four phone calls.
One step forward, two steps back. The nightmare will be over soon. It is a hassle without a phone. I have reached for my phone no less than five times when I wanted to take a picture. I've written on my to do list to call so and so and such and such just to realize I could not. My daughter is at work from 8 to 5 (when most businesses are available for phone calls) so I do not ask for her phone. Friday it will be 2 weeks. It isn't all Verizon's fault. I take some of the responsibility. They have their procedures and rules. Still...

1 comment:
It's a pill. I went months with trying to figure out how to repair a phone which could not be repaired because they didn't figure the problem until it ruined the phone.
The only two games in town now are AT&T and Verizon, or go to Wal-Mart and get one of theirs with the cheap phone with the cheap talk/text/internet plan and deal with the headaches of a cheap phone which doesn't work well.
Post a Comment