I made a No-Bake raspberry cheesecake today. I wanted it to look like the above image. It did not.
I've researched and I think I have discovered what went wrong. That recipe has been destroyed.
I'll be cleaning the shelving in my refrigerator tomorrow. Heh, heh.
I made a mad dash to the local produce stand in town this morning before it got too hot. I picked up some blackberries the size of mountains, yellow Rainier cherries, Mariposa plums, cucumbers, sweet peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn on the cob, and a large garlic bulb.
The tomatoes were a variety of Heirloom. They were horrible. I threw most of them away. I'll go through the rest tomorrow and taste test them to see if they are decent enough to eat.
I pulled my phone out of the rice tank today and attempted to turn it on. Nothing doing. I figured as much. I'll probably go in on Monday and get a new phone. I hate this. Like buying a car. What one should I get? I will have to research between five and ten phones and read about them. And they all cost too much. I should just purchase one off the Internet and take it in to be set up. Le sigh.
After the cheese cake catastrophe, I was so disgusted (and hot working in the kitchen) I decided not to fix sloppy jo's and corn on the cob. I fixed turkey sandwiches for my daughter and I - along with cut veggies and (very well cleaned) fruit. Her husband had a gig tonight and he and his band always eat dinner (most of the time at the place they are playing) before they perform.
The smoke from the Canadian fires has dissipated in my area. It was rather thick for a couple of days. I limited the time I let the dogs outside. I usually limit them when it is really hot anyway. I hope Canada got some rain to help them fight the fires. The Little Knife incident fire and the Chub fire are both currently in Minnesota but originated in Canada.

1 comment:
It's been quite a week. Buying produce is a gamble, much of it is tasteless now.
Post a Comment