Friday, July 24, 2026

Dizzy from going around in circles


 So.  I suppose it is pretty much impossible to live in today's society without a cell phone.  Or, it is very, very difficult to participate in life as we know it.  I knew I would get another phone sooner or later, it was a joke that I asked "Can I survive without a cell phone?"  LOL!  Most people would say "What?  Who would want to?"   Well....

I think it is great when I am out picking something up for a family member and they don't have that color, size or flavor and I text them and say "You want me to get one in  yellow instead?" or something like that.  They answer (hopefully before I give up and leave the store).  Sure, it's great but what did we do before cell phones?  We bought what we thought they would like and they dealt with it or returned it. It isn't the end of the world if we are unable to have instant access to them.  Really, it isn't.

It is also nice to let people know if we are running late or how to get somewhere, sure the cell phone has given us endless opportunities that we did not have before but we managed.  There are also all those funny "Flour the kids?"  stories.  I recall one from my niece's phone conversation to a friend.  She was learning to drive and told her friend over the cell phone "I drove to Cambridge."  and her friend thought she said "I drove off a bridge."  

First, I looked on Amazon.  Shipping sometime in August.  Pass.  I went to the Verizon site.  I would switch providers but my Verizon (cell phone) is connected to my Frontier (Internet) and I get a combination discount.  On the Verizon site I find a phone that I want.  I'm tired of looking - at this point just send me a phone that will text, call, get on the Internet once in a blue moon and take a picture now and then.  I go through the steps to order it.  What do I want to do with this phone - upgrade my current line or add a new line?  I chose upgrade.  I've been eligible for an upgrade for years.

To complete the transaction it wants to send a text code to my cell phone or (hallelujah!) my daughter's.  I was thankful she lives right in my basement as I was able to get the sale to go through.  Sheesh!  I'm quite dizzy by now.  


1 comment:

messymimi said...

Getting a new phone is a marathon of things to do, it’s very tiring.