I was just bragging about not going anywhere for a week or so. Sigh. Next week I have three appointments on three different days. I am a homebody. I like staying at home.
In about 7 - 10 days it looks as though we have temperatures in the below zero range coming. I have a sister who purchased an old fixer upper with no furnace. She's been there two years or so. She has electric heaters and I think she may have a propane one. Keeps her warm if she is right in front of them but what about her pipes? I don't know. She will go on and on about how hard life is for her and how lucky I am that my pipes don't freeze or my car doesn't break down.
Yeah - it's called common sense and maintenance. I purchased a house with a working furnace and I spend a good bit of money on my car so I don't break down unexpectedly.
Some people. You can't win with them. They are perpetual victims.

1 comment:
Luck had nothing to do with you having what you need, but you can't tell some people.
There are some, though, who do have a string of bad runs, even when trying to do right. We thought we'd done our due diligence, but the people who sold us this house hid the defects extremely well. By the time we figured out all they'd lied about and hidden, both had died (they were elderly). We still deal with the consequences. Never, though, would i complain others without these problems are "lucky."
Sometimes life happens and you simply deal with it.
Post a Comment