Sunday, January 25, 2026

Addiction

 


 I grew up with this type of pizza so that is what I prefer. Onn the rare occasion that I would be visiting my home town area, I would pick some up for me and my brother.  And, my neighbor who said when he was in high school he was on a golf team and they would stop and get this pizza.  He loves it.

  It took quite a few years but pizza shops did start to replicate the recipe.  When eating Domino's, Pizza Hut or Papa John's pizza, I'll eat a few pieces and be done with it.  I don't want more for a long time.

 But this pizza.  I am completely lost.  I will continue to eat it until my stomach hurts so bad I just wonder why.  I feel as if it is a drug.  Perhaps it is.  A new shop opened up an hour away from me.  I happened to be in that area and stopped to get some.  So delicious.  So gone.


(Not my photo)


2 comments:

messymimi said...

What we grow up with is usually our best comfort food.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

My father made pizza at home. OMG it was the best. Can't duplicate an old Italian man's pizza sadly. Nothing compares, but now I'm celiac and can't even eat good or bad pizza so that is my only consolation. :-)