I grew up with my Mom calling this a spider plant. I've also heard airplane plant. I am trying to start new ones from the original. This is one of the new starting attempts. I have several. I have over 30 inside plants and I have more in water trying to start them (waiting for their roots to sprout or as I call it - growing legs).
My new pots come from Amazon tomorrow so I'll get that peanut plant in the dirt. I'll post a picture of it. I may need to run out and get more potting soil, though. I have a full week of nothing! No doctor, dentist or other appointments. I should call a family member and go visit.
I also have two new plants that need to be re-potted. I was doing really well not purchasing any more plants but our dog cable snapped and I went to Rural King to get a new one. And they had about a hundred small plants for $5. I did just buy one, though. And the cable - Rural King didn't have them and can't get them. They are not made in America. I automatically thought of Rural King because that is where we bought the last one. It has to be heavy duty for one of my daughter's dogs.
Wal-Mart was close and I figure their inventory would be larger. They had them. Made in Vietnam. I will go to Wal Mart on occasion. I used to about once a year - close to holidays to stock up on baking supplies. I go more often, now. I saw fresh cranberries and HAD to buy them because I made (and we have already eaten and given the rest away) my cranberry nut bread. So good! The kids like banana bread and I am like - eh. But, give me the cranberry nut bread warm with butter with my coffee in the morning. I still have a bag of cranberries. I may make more bread and freeze it in small loaves.
I also did the cookies with white chocolate chips and craisins. I used up all the craisins I had and when I went to purchase more I was in a bit of sticker shock. It had been a while since I purchased them.
Speaking of dogs, Cheech was getting really bad. My daughter had one of her dogs at our vet's office and she mentioned it and she gave my daughter another medicine to give Cheech along with the Carprofen. I went to look to see what it was and had to laugh. Gabapentin. Yep. Everybody and their brother and all their pets are on Gabapentin. Wish I'd bought stock in it ten years ago.
I was given Gabapentin years ago to help thwart migraines. I went off of it when the migraines stopped. My daughter's dog is on it. I talk to people - everybody seems to be on it and all for different reasons. Cracks me up.

1 comment:
I don't know what to call the plant, I have a black thumb and if it were in my house we'd have to call it dead.
How things have changed at Wal-Mart. Mr. Sam wouldn't recognize his stores, almost nothing "made with pride in the USA."
Gabapentin -- never taken it, don't know anyone who does, but I keep hearing about it. I'm very suspicious about anything which is supposed to help with "everything."
Post a Comment