I brought all my outside plants inside. I now have 30 plants and 5 I am trying to start (they are each in a jar of water. When they sprout legs, I plant them and hope for the best). While cleaning up my outside plants, (and hoping nothing like a snake or squirrel decides to exit any of them) I found a strange/odd plant all by itself and didn't really match the rest. I thought to myself "I need to replant that one into another pot."
I carefully dug all the soil around it and I could feel/hear the roots breaking but I managed to get it out of there and then I saw the peanut. I laughed. At first I thought one of my regular plants had grown through the peanut. (I find several peanuts in my flower gardens and plants. My daughter said a lady up the alley is always putting them out for the squirrels and birds). I put the plant in water and told my daughter. She looked at it and said "Is that a peanut plant?" I said "What? I think it is!"
So, I'm a peanut farmer now. I'll let you know how it goes. If it lives. I do pretty good but I do have one issue. I cannot for the life of me keep chrysanthemums alive! I don't know what it is but about a week or 2 after I get them, poof they are dead.
I have been to all the local stores in my area looking for pots. I refuse to pay big dollars on them. A few of them don't have drainage, so I poke holes in the bottom. Most of them, I try to fill the bottom with gravel or rocks of some sort to help drainage. I keep puppy pee pads under all the plants for any messes. I do have trays for them, but I tend to spill dirt, or drip water when I water them. My cat ignores them. He does fuss at me when he wants to sit in the sun in the window, so I move a couple of plants for him.
My Mom always had plants in her house. I don't think any of my sisters do. We all seem to pick up certain things of hers. One sister does jigsaw puzzles like Mom (I can't stand those). Three of the five of us go to yard sales (not me, I have enough junk). I do the crosswords and fill-ins plus a lot more puzzles I have found. My favorites are the variety books from: https://www.pennydellpuzzles.com/variety-puzzles/.

2 comments:
I don't think I've ever seen a peanut plant. We've had some volunteer plants in our yard from time to time, one year a Foxglove just showed up from ??? and got big and beautiful in about six weeks. My maternal grandparents had an entire city block under glass at one time, in the Colorado winters, my grandfather was up 4 times a night to shovel coal to keep the plants alive. The green thumb skipped me and went straight to both my kids. Hubby has it, too. I have a planter box on the front porch. Everything I plant in it dies unless my husband takes over and waters them. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours looks like fun, I'll be back.
My black thumb salutes you! I hope your peanut lives, a squirrel may well have planted it, trying to hide it for winter.
Post a Comment