Sunday, January 18, 2015

Slow going





The basement is a priority compared to my upstairs bathroom. I am still washing wall paper paste off the walls in the bathroom. Tedious job.

Downstairs, they have Clorox'f the floor and added the first coat of primer in preparation for the new carpet.

The smells have slayed me. I have taken a migraine pill and it has kept the fumes from ripping my head apart (just barely). The smells still make me woozy, especially after I come in from taking the dogs outside.

It was a Chinese food fest last night and I don't want to see Chinese food for at least a year or so. Tonight it looks like sloppy Jo's and french fries. That should change the smell factor in the house. Oh, yeah!

5 comments:

kden said...

That looks a lot like our family room when we moved in. All paneling and a bare floor. One of the first things we did was put carpet in, what a difference it made. Now I feel like digging out some old pics :) Hope it's over soon for you.

messymimi said...

When we had some things redone, i couldn't stay in the house with the fumes, as i was pregnant. It made me so sick! Take care of yourself and if you have to, it might be worth staying somewhere else for a day or two.

Tabor said...

Glad you are working forward. What made you decide to do wall to wall rather than a large rug or carpet remnant that might be easier to take care of in a basement? You do have a lot of space down there!

bill said...

Keep your hands on the process, your mind on the goal.

Kat said...

Those strong smells in a stuffy area can really make you sick, can't they? Ugh.
Hope you are feeling better soon!