Tuesday, November 25, 2014
The boxer in the snow
I've not shown pics of the pets lately. Here is the boxer. He is still active as all get out. He is still goofy. He nearly brings the house down when somebody comes home or knocks on the door. All hell breaks loose as he slips and slides his big self across my wooden floor.
He is like a bull in a china shop. Not that I have any china. He knocks over chairs, crashes into furniture. We just yell at him. "Slade!"
He is a nut.
When somebody knocks on your door, does it make you jump? I can't seem to explain why I have this fear or anxiety when somebody knocks on my door. I don't mean it to sound funny because of the dog (dogs). I have had this feeling all my life. Even when I did not have pets in the house.
Anybody remember the song "Who Can it Be, Now?" from Men at Work.
Oh, wait. After examining the pictures above - take a closer look at the second one. Now, does anybody remember the song "Don't Eat the Yellow Snow?" - that was Frank Zappa? Huh. I never knew that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Make sure that your dog does not get more aggressive as the years go by. Protection is one thing, but you do not want him to be overprotective. Makes sure he follows your commands instantly and if not, maybe you need to take him to training. You are the top dog always. He does sound like a good protection, though.
My wife jumps every time there is a knock on the door, even in broad daylight. I tell her just because someone knocks doesn't mean you have to answer.
For some reason most dogs seem to like the snow.
Some how for years I have lived behind a gated fence so I don't get surprised. A car honk lets me know someone is there. Now a phone ring makes me jump every time.
What a handsome fellow your dog is.
Some people are just that way, sudden noise does something to them.
I had an excitable dog I was going to break of the habit by training him. Through patience and long workouts, he quit barking and jumping around, would sit and stare at the door while I answered it.
He got to be a perfect gentleman during these exercises. But when the exercises were over and we resumed normal activity, he reverted back to tearing the house down. I decided the dog was smarter than I.
My parents had a dog like that, she would go nuts every time someone walked in. She was the "lick them to death and, if they want to rob the house, show them where the good silver is hidden" kind of dog.
When I was kid and someone knocked on our door my Mom's boxer went nuts and then threw up all over the living room and then hid. Just like with people it takes all kinds. Not much protection though LOL.
Post a Comment