I'll post here (one day late) what I posted on my fb page yesterday:
Today when I thought of veteran's day, my memory slipped back to
stories I heard about soldiers being spat upon as they returned from the
Viet Nam war. I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone would
do such a vile, senseless thing.
Calling them baby killers,
throwing beer bottles and human waste at them. What kind of propaganda
were the brain-washed people listening to back then? I was too young and
fortunately I did not know of anybody who taunted the soldiers.
Soldiers
were sent to war to do a job. Everyone of them paid a price for this
service. Not one was left unscathed. Most of them saw and experienced
things that we could only imagine in our worst nightmare.
1 comment:
They deserved better treatment, and our current soldiers deserve better than to come home to no one wanting to hire them out of fear of them having difficulty adjusting to civilian life.
Post a Comment