Well, you can't really droop and climb these steps. That is what I had to do yesterday. I met the tech at the Admin office which is a building across the street to this school. The wiring closet in this school had the tech equipment I needed to work on.
Sigh. And, they were not as bad as I thought. The tech was a slim lady. Older than me (maybe, I can't tell any more) but very slim. She had trouble unlocking the doors so that gave me a chance to catch my breath.
Once inside I had to squeeze past a desk area that was about seven inches wide. Fortunately just my legs had to do the squeezing. And at the same time try not to snag any cables on my body and unplug something. (I got stuck in this closet area once before and did not want a repeat.)
I got the job done - so glad. A lot of techs like to perform upgrades and changes when there are no students and staff in the building.
My back hurt me all during the night and this morning. Not certain if the steps were the reason or not. I did no heavy lifting that I can think of. Usually I have to carry very heavy technology equipment into the building and doing that with those steps would have really done me in. I had nothing yesterday except for pen and paper and my car keys. Didn't even take my cell phone in.

1 comment:
Good for you, getting it done! Hope your back recovers quickly.
Post a Comment