Saturday, December 14, 2013

A little warmth

Picking a photo with some heat in it today. Naturally, this photo is from this past summer. This is my grand nephew. (or, great nephew - depending on which you prefer to use).  As his daddy says "Keep him out of the sun, his skin is translucent."

I have the family Christmas dinner this evening. Only 26 are coming. About ten fewer than last year. I can't find my games. I think they are on my computer at work. I saw my work desk this week for five minutes maybe.

Wednesday and Thursday I spent with a tech from California. Ugh. Every minute together almost (for the work day). My head was ready to explode with a migraine by Thursday afternoon. It took me all of Friday (a vacation day) to recover. I call this having to stay "turned on" - as in my brain. Riding in the car together, having lunch together both days - with no other co-worker to help me keep up the conversation. I know a ton of stuff about his family and friends.

He is a tech trying to sell me on this new appliance for our network. I just don't like to spend that much time with a "stranger". Trying not to offend in my conversations, etc... It was a serious drain on my brain. Fortunately, I kissed the blarney stone at one point in my life (not literally, I have not been to Ireland). But all that chatter and thinking give me a fitful headache.

Edit:  YAY! I just remembered my "older" laptop is in the trunk of my car and I think my Christmas games are on it. :)


4 comments:

Tabor said...

When I was younger I could spend time with some 'salesman' type for the day by pretending I was someone else...ie, someone who was actually interested. 26 people...which I had 26 relative nearby!!

Celia said...

26 Beats our number, there's usually 16 of us on Christmas, maybe some strays, don't like to see anyone alone.

kden said...

I have a hard time carrying on conversations with strangers too; and to be trapped with them for a few days would give me a headache too. Wow I feel really lonely now, it will only be us three for Christmas day.

messymimi said...

Gracious! It's hard for me to imagine that many, much less ten more, for a Christmas meal.

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas games.