I used Photo! Editor (free download) to modify this picture. The original is below with the gray background. The modified one has the gold tones to it. The original was modified a bit with an automatic color adjuster so it is not straight out of the camera, either. Both were given a rounded edge frame from the (also free) program Photoscape.
Headache update. What can I say? Not a single migraine since I began the Neurontin (Gabapentin). I don't like the monopoly of pharmaceutical manufacturers but I do like not having any migraines. I'll just say it as simple as that. It is what it is.
You can read more here and here.
My home has been very active the past month. I have my daughter back living with me and her beau (from Florida). I have my niece and her husband staying (she is 9 weeks pregnant). It is fun to look up what the baby looks like and what is forming. We go here. The way my daughter talks, this may be the closest I get to participating in the "grandmother" role. That is fine by me. I have lots of nieces and nephews, I get a share of baby time. Don't get me wrong. That is not near the same as having your own grand-bambino/bambina, but I respect my daughters' wishes to not have children if that is what she chooses. If I wanted to guarantee that I have grand babies, I should have increased my odds by having more children.
Let's throw in a movie update while I am here. The Hunger Games. Lots of confusion in this story. I will skip reading the book unless I get laid up in bed for months at a time and need reading material. I know that the movie is geared towards the young adult. **Possible spoiler alerts - stop here***.
To me, if you are trying to survive, you do not hang around or walk out in the open area. You keep your ass hidden in the trees and you keep moving. When a "friend" dies, you do not just hold that person (while the other killers are possibly close by) and sing to them and then bury them. Your enemies are all around you tracking you.
Many instances of this practice in the story. I am not clear why it got the publicity and acclaim it did. It was a good watch. A lot better than some of the shows I have seen. We like how they chose lesser known actors (that could have been a monetary decision) but this made it look a bit more real. For the girl to have short and dirty fingernails (not bitten) made it so much more believable than some of the better known actresses who may have insisted on having perfect manicures.
I did not care for them gussying the girls up in prom dresses during the ceremonies. Really? Have we not progressed beyond this sexist image? Apparently not. Will I watch the sequels? Perhaps. Maybe to see if they have more of a story line for the W Harrelson character. And we always love Stanley in anything.
Let's throw in a movie update while I am here. The Hunger Games. Lots of confusion in this story. I will skip reading the book unless I get laid up in bed for months at a time and need reading material. I know that the movie is geared towards the young adult. **Possible spoiler alerts - stop here***.
To me, if you are trying to survive, you do not hang around or walk out in the open area. You keep your ass hidden in the trees and you keep moving. When a "friend" dies, you do not just hold that person (while the other killers are possibly close by) and sing to them and then bury them. Your enemies are all around you tracking you.
Many instances of this practice in the story. I am not clear why it got the publicity and acclaim it did. It was a good watch. A lot better than some of the shows I have seen. We like how they chose lesser known actors (that could have been a monetary decision) but this made it look a bit more real. For the girl to have short and dirty fingernails (not bitten) made it so much more believable than some of the better known actresses who may have insisted on having perfect manicures.
I did not care for them gussying the girls up in prom dresses during the ceremonies. Really? Have we not progressed beyond this sexist image? Apparently not. Will I watch the sequels? Perhaps. Maybe to see if they have more of a story line for the W Harrelson character. And we always love Stanley in anything.


6 comments:
Read all three books of the Hunger Games and they were a satisfactory waste of time. Have not seen the movie. Maybe if it comes out on TV on Demand in the future. I love playing with photos but it can be a real time sump. Your photo artwork is lovely. Subtle and satisfying.
Not a movie fan/watcher much at all, but I AM an avid book reader. I personally did not care much for the Hunger Games even as a book series. Disappointing when there's so much hype. But then, felt the same about the adult series Shades of Grey, too. Perhapsy I'm just getting jaded. Hope that doesn't mean I'm getting...gasp... old!
I won't be reading those books but I think I will look forward to the new show on NBC this Fall called Revolution if it is not on opposite a show I like.
I will never be a grandmother. My daughter is past the baby stage and probably never could have one. It doesn't bother me one way or the other. My cats are my focus now.
When I changed to the new template I never gave that a thought about the font. I had white on black and when it changed over and I chose graphite as the font it was on a white background. That happened automatically, so you shouldn't have a problem either. I didn't have to do anything but choose font color. There are some with black background. I think you can check out the templates available before you do anything.
Opps...sorry this is long.
I'm glad I jumped here from Golden to Silver Val's.
I take Gabapentin for cluster headaches. I also get migraines, but I prefer them to cluster headaches which happen behind the eyeball itself! OW!!
And I get my enjoyment NOT from taking photos as much as I get from enhancing them with my 20 year old photo program.
Oh,I forgot....I read the Hunger Game trilogy years before the movie. So I was eager to see it. I left feeling let down and not a happy camper.
I feel you with the gabapentin problems. It took me like 3 whole months to get my dosage high enough to work.
Post a Comment