This image was taken from the Geograph project collection. See this photograph's page on the Geograph website for the photographer's contact details. The copyright on this image is owned by Martin Bodman and is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license.
Tor can be the rock pictured above, or it can be what I have had my nose stuck in for the past two days. Anonymous browsing. I had such a hard time saying the word anonymity. An non nim itty. Anon imitty. Yep. www.dictionary.com will sound the word out for you. Go ahead. Try it. Yay!
This post has nothing to do with the photo above. I just figured a picture of the topic Tor (The onion router) I have been working with would be very boring. Why an onion? Layers, I think. A Vidalia, no less. I suppose I could have slapped up a photo of a vidalia onion. I love Vidalia onions. Oh well. Too late now.
What is Tor? Do you care? Well, I had to care about torvpn. I was able to download that program and circumvent my filter. If I can do it, those smart kids in high school and junior high can do it. Technology is topsy turvy. The younger set knows more than the older set. It really challenges us to stay on our toes.
Oh, one more Tor. A science fiction/fantasy site. Can't forget to mention that.

1 comment:
Long drive back home this evening and I listened on NPR to a program on DEF Con where kids were learning ways to hack into their school computer systems. They were told not to do it, but the teacher claimed he was teaching them so that they could realize the contradictions in schools tracking student's computer use. I was not sure I agreed, but listening to a 6-year-old talk about his class on finding a password did give me pause!
Post a Comment