I can still see her standing in front of the class. My sixth grade English teacher. She was tall and skinny and a brunette. This was her first year teaching. My school district always got the first time teachers because we were a small rural area and did not pay much. There was no industry in my area.
She was the first teacher who did not adore me. This was also the first year that we had more than one teacher. One for math, one for science, one for English... I was perplexed. I could not understand why she did not like me.
Anyway, I can still see her standing up in front of the class spitting out the word far-fetched. And she did spit it out, between gritted teeth. I think I remember it because it sounded so close to her saying the "f" word. I think we all just sat and stared at her with big round eyes.
That is the word I use to describe today's post. I watched "Tower Heist" the other day and boy was it far-fetched. I liked the movie - overall. The inconsistencies were enormous. If you have seen the movie, you probably know what I am speaking of. If not, I am not going to spoil the movie.
If you have seen it or are never going to watch it, you can go here to see the atrocious far-fetched points of the movie. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Weight-Gold-Other-Tower-Heist-Logic-Fails-27750.html
So, I read this and I think "Hey, I didn't mind when Herbie drove around the ledge of a high rise building back in the sixties." (Photo above) That was far-fetched. I just expect more from today's movie makers. For them to use some common sense and get real - put in some effort to how they could have accomplished these things for real. Instead they leave it a mystery.
I should return back to our regularly scheduled program of the hot sauce topic tomorrow. I have a few more pictures to show. I will not show the unsavory one, but I might give you a link to the product so you can see for yourself. :)

3 comments:
Comedies can be far-fetched...sometimes horror films can, but they usually go too far. I have no interest in those big epic danger films because they always go too far. Such a compelling memory of your teacher. I was a skinny brunette and I remember being in hyper mode during my first year of teaching. They just through you in...internships are not realistic.
It usually depends on how far I'm willing to expand my own far-fetchnedness. Sometimes I'll watch a movie and and shake my head and other times the same movie will make me roll on the floor.
I keep telling myself I'm going to rent and watch a movie one of these days. I saw a new one coming out on the 23rd that looked interesting. The Hunger Games, advertised as a young adult film, still it looked interesting. I'm sure I will never go to a theater again to see a movie. Maybe someday you will review this movie and I will be persuaded to watch it.
Post a Comment