I met some family for dinner last evening. Back in the early 90's I lived with my brother. He was divorced but he had his two children often. I grew very attached to them. The youngest turned 25 yesterday. His sister - 30 in April. Sigh. I do not get to see them as often as I would like to.
The rain was relentless. I was in a foreign area. It was dark. I could not see anything. There was fog. I got lost. My daughter still has my GPS even though she got her own for Christmas. Grrr! I never use my phone for finding places.
Anyway! I was late. There was a huge accident right before I arrived that blocked my way. I turned left while the policeman was digging in his trunk. He had traffic stopped coming the other way and they did not know where to go - and I was not waiting any longer. This was a huge intersection and there were about ten firetrucks and emergency vehicles. Chaos. I just wanted the hell out of there. Sheesh! What a mess the night was.
I arrived at the upscale restaurant. I had been there before in 2006. Someone else drove, and it had been daylight when we arrived.
The above photo was on the menu. It was not me ordering this. The girl was young. From Pakistan. She was a friend of my nephew. She was expecting a grilled cheese sandwich! It was not until I looked at the menu again that I saw "two fabulous soups". LOL!
This is what was brought to the table. Oh my gosh, it was funny. She was so confused. She sent it back and ordered something else. She said she cannot stand nacho cheese dip or anything like that.She does like a grilled cheese SANDWICH, though. Can you eat cheese like this? No bread - no crackers - no chips. The waiter said she should have tried it. It was delicious. I don't know. I told her it looked a little bit like squash soup. I guess it was cheese soup. It looked cool, though - so I snapped a picture.
It was a delightful evening - regardless of the horrible weather.
5 comments:
The bowl looks too large for me and when you have your heart set on one thing, it is hard to accept something different. You could mail little what-nots or gift cards to your niece and nephew as a surprise letting them know how much you enjoyed having them in your life.
That's funny, poor girl. My daughter also loves grilled cheese and would be very disappointed. But she doesn't like soup, so probably wouldn't order it anyway, ha.
Cheese soup? No thanks.
Too bad, not a great prelude to dinner, getting lost then block by an accident. Tricky menu. All well that ends well, huh?
Yuck!
Post a Comment