Friday, December 30, 2011

The relish tray

My niece and her fiance's version of the "relish tray" at Christmas.  Funny!

The movie "A Better Life" made me cry. It may help if you know some Spanish (Of course I took French in high school). The movie did not sub-title the conversations in Spanish.

Things around here have been quiet. Not as quiet as when I lived alone for six months. My daughter is twenty. She should be active and moving around and coming and going. That is what you do at twenty. The dogs are pushing me, but I figure they need an adjustment period, too.

I have lots of work to do to keep me busy. I am supposed to be going through totes and sorting/pitching and organizing "stuff".  A friend had two computer issues. One I resolved already the other one I have waiting on the piano bench. 

See? Again, I will do anything to get out of "house" work like the sorting of "stuff" I should be doing. Heh. Grocery store today. I need almost everything. Since I was by myself for six months not much got used up. This holiday tore through that. (Flour, sugar, detergents etc...). Dog food. Always dog food. You know, I gotta keep them dogs pooping. I have cut their food down a good bit and am thinking about cutting down more. They are all very plump. But,  you should see them play when I take them outside. Now I am back to thinking fence. Sigh. Money, money, money.

5 comments:

Grumpy said...

What is in that bowl and how does it even resemble a relish tray?

Peruby said...

Jar relish. :)

Tabor said...

I do NOT want to eat at their house! Where is their holiday spirit?

Cheyenne said...

I love their concept of a relish tray...and their sense of humor. There idea makes more sense than what we know to be an actual relish tray, when there isn't even any relish on our relish tray. What the heck?

Peruby said...

Tabor - I am sorry I was not clear. That was a joke. They did that and then brought out the REAL relish tray - veggies cut up with dip.

I got to keep the dish. Well, at least until I remember to give it back. LOL!

Cheyenne - I know, right? I love olives and pickles and fresh veggies for a "relish" tray. So confusing, our English language.