Who didn't like the pixy stix? Everyone I know loves them. I also like their cousin Fun Dip.
I had an outrageously fun time with family last night celebrating 3 of our 8 March birthdays. We had 16 people at Red Lobster. We were loud and we made quite a mess. They had 4 servers to take care of us (shhhh... they really screwed stuff up, but it all worked out in the end). I had a mango mai tai I am enchanted with the mango since I ate at an Indian restaurant about six years ago and fell in love with the mango lassi. Anytime I see a drink with mango in it, I have to try it.
Although I quit drinking rum many, many moons ago - I gave this drink a whirl. Loved it! I always drink just one and then switch to water. Mostly because of the overpricing of alcoholic beverages in restaurants.
But the grande finale was the tops. My little grand nephew (who will be 5 next month) upchucked all over the sidewalk outside the restaurant. A huge mess. It was closing time and we were the last ones to leave so no other customers would see it before they ate. He started in the lobby with a little mess and my sister ran him outside. My family was howling. By the time I got outside they had the little tyke in the car. I hope he felt better.
He was so cute. He came down to our end of the table where my daughter, her boyfriend and another friend were drinking IBC rootbeer out of the bottle. My grand nephew thought they were drinking beer and he said "You can't drink beer!" They finally convinced him it was root beer and he drank bottle after bottle. He was swigging it like a seasoned drinker chugs beer. He stood at the end of the table and took a big swig, then waved his hands around and told us something funny. We were cracking up.
I think the biggest problem was the fact that it felt about 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the restaurant. It may have been a ploy to get us to leave. We asked them three times to cut the heat. It kept pouring out of the vents like there was no tomorrow. I think we all got a little sick with it being so warm.
I had an outrageously fun time with family last night celebrating 3 of our 8 March birthdays. We had 16 people at Red Lobster. We were loud and we made quite a mess. They had 4 servers to take care of us (shhhh... they really screwed stuff up, but it all worked out in the end). I had a mango mai tai I am enchanted with the mango since I ate at an Indian restaurant about six years ago and fell in love with the mango lassi. Anytime I see a drink with mango in it, I have to try it.
Although I quit drinking rum many, many moons ago - I gave this drink a whirl. Loved it! I always drink just one and then switch to water. Mostly because of the overpricing of alcoholic beverages in restaurants.
But the grande finale was the tops. My little grand nephew (who will be 5 next month) upchucked all over the sidewalk outside the restaurant. A huge mess. It was closing time and we were the last ones to leave so no other customers would see it before they ate. He started in the lobby with a little mess and my sister ran him outside. My family was howling. By the time I got outside they had the little tyke in the car. I hope he felt better.
He was so cute. He came down to our end of the table where my daughter, her boyfriend and another friend were drinking IBC rootbeer out of the bottle. My grand nephew thought they were drinking beer and he said "You can't drink beer!" They finally convinced him it was root beer and he drank bottle after bottle. He was swigging it like a seasoned drinker chugs beer. He stood at the end of the table and took a big swig, then waved his hands around and told us something funny. We were cracking up.
I think the biggest problem was the fact that it felt about 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the restaurant. It may have been a ploy to get us to leave. We asked them three times to cut the heat. It kept pouring out of the vents like there was no tomorrow. I think we all got a little sick with it being so warm.

3 comments:
Poor little tyke...hope he's feeling better by now.
I cannot stand it when it is so warm with all those people in close proximity while I am trying to eat.
Awww...what a great story.
(Root) beer will do that to you:)
Sounds like a fun party! I remember pixystix - I loved them!
Post a Comment