I remember this candy but I don't remember eating it. I never chose it. I don't know why. I sure would try it, now. I doubt that it had the "Fat Free Candy" remark on it back in the 60's. Maybe it should have. I was very young then and didn't have to worry about fat.We ran off any extra calories. We were outside moving, moving, moving. Sigh.
Nobody wants to go outside this week. It is still pouring buckets. I have water everywhere (but in my house, thank goodness!) I mean in my yard. The earth is but a sponge. It is like walking on a muddy sponge out there. The dogs are not happy, either. Now my sister tells me snow by tomorrow late afternoon - evening. We sisters were supposed to meet for dinner. We have about a 40 minute drive for us all to meet in a central location. Double drat!
My work presentation is a week away. My Linux one is Wednesday and my filter one is Thursday. I am not worried about the filter - I know that stuff pretty well. Linux (Ubuntu) - I am getting the hang of. My area is CUPS (Common Unix Print System). Not so familiar with that! I'm trying, though. Most of my spare time has me with my nose stuck inside a Linux Administration book or my eyes fixed onto an Ubuntu command line prompt or desktop screen. I did not anticipate so many work problems to crop up and I thought I would have more time to work on this at the office. Not to be! Best laid plans! All that jazz.
Oh, and 'best laid plans' from this poem by Robert Burns. For a better translation - go here.

2 comments:
today is our two inches of rain. They were giving out free sandbags in D.C. for store owners. Hoping it does not last.
I never ate that candy either...mostly sugar, that's why there's no fat in it.
They tell us the snow will miss us. But this rain is making me insane-er.
Post a Comment