Friday, June 11, 2010

Me have baby time

I had baby time yesterday. For long time. It was quite pleasant. Very good baby. Fussed a little because Peruby was not used to holding a wee infant and had to struggle a little until we both got comfortable. Peruby very adamant about burping half way through the bottle and wee one didn't care for that, but hey, "Rules is rules".

Sigh. Sometimes there is nothing sweeter than a warm, snugly baby sleeping on your shoulder wrapped in swaddling blankets and warm and sleeping and comfortable and sleeping. Oh, and when you are holding the baby you don't have to set the table or help fix dinner or color with the 4-year-old (which I really like to do), or take the dogs out... just hold the sleeping baby. And since you don't get to see the baby very often, you are allowed to hold them while they are sleeping - you don't have to lay them in their portable sleeper/playpen. grin.

Ended up with my sister giving me a big container of homemade cookies and I left them too close to the edge of my dining room table. This morning? Gone. And, to add insult to injury - the lid was chewed up. Plastic - chewed. Not a crumb of a cookie to be found. I'm not telling her. I'll confess the lid chewing in a week or so, but I am not saying a word about the cookies that I am sure took a long time to make and bake.

2 comments:

Grumpy said...

The only thing better than holding a warm, sleeping baby is sending it home with its' mother. I'm betting on the boxer to be the cookie snatcher.

Beverly said...

that is some cute baby!