Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Acceptance


I have come to realize that I just have to accept the fact that I cannot do it all. Yeah, right. I'll say it but I don't practice it. This is the cord from my sweeper. I'll be purchasing a new sweeper. Have you tried to find a business or person that re-cords sweepers? It's the American way. Don't fix it, throw it out and buy new.

I suppose I can take an electrical course at the technical school in town. But, I have to let some things go. I don't have to feel guilty for not being able to do it all.

There used to be a small sweeper repair guy behind our old apartment. It is still advertised but when I dialed the number, the person on the other end said "No, this number is no longer that business." Sigh.

Well, what will it be? I have remained true to the bagged. Is it time to go bag less? With all this pet hair? There are so many models and designs to choose from. It used to be simpler. I had a brother-in-law that worked at Hoovers. Out of loyalty I kept with that brand. That was before pets, though. Hah! Now, I am thinking I should buy sweepers by the dozen. Ugh.

The thunder and lightning has stopped. Time to jump into the shower and get ready for work. Yee haw!

I found a pen, pencil, x-acto knife, magnifying glass and old flash drive chewed and on the floor this morning. Somehow they got up on the table and knocked off a cup that was holding the items.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Very frustrating. Time to muzzle the dogs at night...maybe?

Peruby said...

It is, Tabor. They will go for weeks and not bother anything and then one night - back to the destroying things. Just when I trust them again. Grrrr!

Cheyenne said...

I bought a Bissell bagless sweeper for pets. Bagless has its good points as well as bad. When I vacuum the entire house the bagless cup is full to the brim and then some. I keep fogetting to empty it till I'm done. But it's better than going through all those bags that would fill up in no time.
Glad I have cats and not dogs...they don't chew anything and are very good during the night.