Friday, February 19, 2010

No Dice

Troubleshooting sometimes reminds me of the movies where the characters are in a cave and faced with many different tunnels to choose from. You go down one tunnel, it's a dead end and you have to come back and go down another one.

It is time consuming. I am persistent. If my system is recoverable, I'll find a way to recover it. I don't think it is so much the few photos or data that I have lost. It's more of a challenge, now. I'll have to wait until the week-end to continue the work. My actual job is getting in the way, now that the snow days are over. I went yesterday to a job, ended up with a massive migraine and had to call off sick the latter half of the day. I had blood work taken in the morning and this meant no coffee or food until after the appointment. My system did not like that and retaliated.

Watched "The Time Traveler's Wife" on one of the snow days. I liked it. My daughter liked it. They were SO sly using real life sisters to play the same Alba at different times.

I tried to get the book at the library last week, but it didn't even come up in the search files. It must be too new. Then as I was standing there at the library computer, I began typing in titles of the books I saw displayed on the shelves. Those books didn't come up in the search, either. So, there you have it. What a system!

I shoveled snow so much I broke my old snow shovel. I will have to try to find a new one this week-end as I hear we are getting more snow. First my car, then my computer and now the snow shovel. Sigh. I hope that is all for the broken stuff.

4 comments:

Grumpy said...

The Dewey Decimal system worked much better.

Richard said...

At least as you break things they are getting cheaper...lol.

Tabor said...

Book can't be that new as I read it last year. I do not think I want to see the movie as the book was so painfully sad for me that it overpowered the love story.

Cheyenne said...

Broken stuff never stops. Nothing lasts long because it's the "American way" for things to last only so long so you have to replace them. It used to keep the economy going but there's no hope for even that these days.