Here are some of the icicles I took down over the back porch. They were hanging down over where we step off the porch, and I didn't want to get clunked in the head one day. I am still getting dripped on each time I walk off, though.More of them kept forming each day, so I would knock them down. I didn't bother with the ones higher on the house. The gutters are mostly one big ice tube. The roof/gutter repair business should be booming this spring. What a mess.
On a good note, my niece did have insurance on her electronics this time. Who knows? Maybe the insurance companies pay thugs to randomly steal stuff to improve their business. Hey, I'm just shootin' off random thoughts this morning.
I took a vacation day today. My daughter and I are meeting two of my sisters to wrap up some loose ends on a baby shower we are throwing this week-end. I love babies. I love people having babies. I wish I had more babies. I am more than happy to take a grand niece or nephew for a few hours a day, though. I'll settle for that.
Besides. My four dogs keep me plenty busy with responsibilities as it is. I'll tell you this much. I don't sit around in my pajamas in the morning. Not since I got the extra three hounds this past summer. It is outside at around 5:30 every morning. Rain, shine or snow. Sick, headache or pain. My daughter did help out a lot after I had surgery. I have a routine. The coffee pot and the computer get turned on and then the dogs go outside. It takes me anywhere from 20 minutes to half an hour to take them all out to do their business.
When we come back inside, I feed them. I get myself a cup of coffee and I sit down to read e-mail, blogs and facebook. Facebook is hard for me to get used to. I don't really like the layout, but almost everybody I know uses it and it is an "okay" way to keep in touch. I do not like the games. I "HIDE" all notices of games so I don't have to read the updates on who got what fish in their aquarium or who built what fence on their farm.
It was funny. My daughter got her last paycheck from Toys R Us yesterday. It was dated December 31st. It is void after 90 days so I guess the store thought they better mail it out since it didn't look like she was going to come and get it. She was expecting $70, it was almost $300. She was in heaven. What a nut!
I try hard to remember what it was like at 18. I was so naive it was painful. Painful, I tell you. Painful to remember some of the stuff I did not know and how I stumbled through life learning the hard knocks. I was fortunate to have older sisters to help out with things now and again.
My boxer is funny. Just now one of the pups chewed on the area rug. They know they are not allowed to do this. As soon as the boxer heard the noise he sat up quick and had this "I didn't do it!" look on his face. He does this almost each time I yell or scold the dogs. He quickly sits up and tries to look innocent or good. What a clown!
4 comments:
Nice news for your daughter because that is a lot of money for her I am sure. I didn't know you could hide all the game stuff on FB because, like you, I have not interest in online games like that. Good luck on your shower!
I would try to find you on FB but can't find your name anywhere....
Oh and by the way: you can borrow my kids for a few hours once in a while ;) xD
babies and showers, i love them too!
Pets make our lives so much more bearable, don't they?
We are expecting 15-20 inches of snow starting early this morning into Friday. Yippee...not.
Post a Comment