Saturday, February 27, 2010

Guess this celebrity!


It is a trick question. It is the father of the baby for the shower we are having Sunday. One of the games I cooked up was "Guess the Celebrity Baby" and we threw this one is as a trick question. It will be fun to see what celebrity they attribute to my nephew.

We had a blast with the games. My daughter did most of the work. Let's see if she will help me in getting up in front of 30 to 40 people. She might, I don't know. Me? I got over my fears a long time ago. Well, there still is a little bit of anxiety when it is work-related. But women at a baby shower - no problem-o!

We are still getting snow. I broke down and purchased a new shovel last evening. Just in time. I tried it out last evening and everything is covered again this morning. It feels a little loose, so I'll have to look into tightening the screws that hold it together. It was the last one of this type. Light when I picked it up, and it felt right when I pretended to shovel snow in the store. They had a couple of metal designs - much too heavy. Then there is the almost U-shaped scoop on the end. I don't get those at all. I scrape almost as much as I shovel, so they don't look like they would work for me.

I have a party to go to tonight. I am going to try my salami wraps on my friends to see if they like them. Then I will make them for the shower. I also have the ingredients to make pepperoni-flavored wraps. Some recipes call them tortilla pinwheels. I am going to experiment with a few different ideas.

And, I am making a fruit pizza. The last one I made, I ended up putting way too much fruit on the top. It was overloaded. This time, I will try to scale back but sometimes I only know one regimen when it comes to food. The more the better! That probably stems from growing up the youngest in a large family. I had to be quick and grab the food and eat it fast. Because if you blinked, it was gone!

Sigh. My boxer seems to have regressed a little bit in the chewing department. He was doing so well. The pups are caged now when I am gone from the house, so it had to be him. He chewed up a plastic basket. It was a cheap thing, but that wasn't the issue. His safety is the issue. He may have ended up swallowing some of the bits of plastic. It was a mess. He gave me his best Eeyore look when I scolded him.

This morning I found a tiny cord to a 12-in one multi-card reader. I am upset, but I had purchased the incorrect reader as it was. I got it for my daughter for Christmas but she found out the other day that it won't read her camera card. It was useless to us and I was going to give it to a family member who had the memory sticks it would read. I don't know who chewed it up. Whether it be the boxer or the pups. They all gave me guilty looks this morning. I have no idea how they found the cord. I check stuff before I retire. They have a way.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Yes, pets certainly do have a way. I check things before retiring also and especially when we leave during the day. Mine have been fairly good, doing their dastardly deeds while we are home and in another room. Saturday morning we had an appointment at the car dealer to get our truck looked at and our 25 lb. male (Junior) decided it was a good time to see what was behind the dryer. I have it blocked off but somehow he managed to bully his way back there. Thank goodness he decided to come out on his own when he found nothing interesting back there. And we weren't late for our appointment, either.

Peruby said...

Hey - he could retrieve lost socks that fall back there!